DIY- Chemical Free Lip & Cheek Stain

I am not sure why I did not think of this the other day as I was searching around for a cheek stain as regular blush always comes of within the first hour. However, after using a piece of beet today which left my fingers stained I thought I would try something out. I remember when I was a little girl, every time we would be eating beets, cherries or pomegranates I always would take a piece a little piece and rub it on my lips and cheeks for that glamourous red flushed look. So here is my homemade chemical free lip and cheek stain. Make sure to test this out on a small section to make sure you are not allergic and also get a feel of how to use the right amount.




Ingredients:
  • 1 beet
  • 1tsp of coconut oil, or olive oil
  • 1tsp of honey
  • Optional: 1 drop of your favorite essential oil
First I took one beet, cut of the skin, and chopped it into smaller pieces. Since I do not have a processor, I placed it in the blender, and hoped for the best. Although the outcome was very chunky, I did not mind it as the end result was great. So I placed the mixture in a container, and used a cotton swab to soak up the liquid and apply onto my lips and skin.


In the picture above, the left lips have nothing on, and the right is after only one thin layer of the mixture. It is very build-able. Application is very easy and smooth, just make sure to rub in right after you place it on your skin as to not stain that area only. Once it dries you cannot even feel it on there, and even after applying it on my hand to test it out and then doing the dishes I still had a very light but noticeable stain.

If you try this out please be careful as it can be very messy, but if you do let me know how it goes.

Lulu :)

Popular Posts